Friday, September 26, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Hello again all,
Over the last few days, several people have asked me for more details about the Foxhunt Transmitter project that I did earlier. So, in the spirit of sharing, here's the link to the schematic and component layout as well as the compiled code for the microcontroller.
144MHz Foxhunt Transmitter Details
Thursday, September 4, 2008
It's been more than a month since I last wrote anything here... I'm still alive and kicking... Ramadhan is here too so schedule, and the pocket, will be much constrained...
- I loss a dear friend few days ago. He was a senior member of the local amateur radio community who goes with the callsign 9M2DS... Lovingly called Pak Dollah by the gang... As other sites already pay tribute to him, I'll just provide the links here...
From MARTS KLSP
- My last project, the LED Blinkers had some problems that need real rectifications:
- The LEDs burnt out and some of them operate intermittently. I believe this is due to the low quality LEDs used and driven by PWM instead of the normal constant current mode.
- The acrylic casing for the front is distorted after prolong exposure to sunlight (and the associated heat).
- Rectification is still in the making. Better quality LEDs have been acquired. Will use constant current mode instead of PWM and will be making PCB for the LEDs. The prototype LEDs were hardwired.
- The challenge now is to find suitable casing... milling solid aluminum for the casing is just too tedious and costly...
- Other than the above, I've been generally lazy for the past weeks... I'm not sure if it's the new workplace, the growing daughter or something else... nonetheless, I'll be working on something soon... just to get myself back on the active mood...