In trying to figure out the best protocol for my wireless multinode data logger, I needed a way to visualise the problem. For those interested, here's the problem statement... simplified to everyday scenario... :-)
A sales department has a BOSS and 16 STAFF
- BOSS wants sales update every 1 day.
- STAFF should MAXIMISE time outside of office.
- Staff updates can be done inside the office only.
- No way to contact STAFF once they are outside of office.
- The BOSS and staff do not use watches. They only have timer/stopwatch (95% accuracy) thus statement "Update me at 3.30pm" cannot be used, but "Update me 30 minutes from now" is acceptable and the timing may be off by 5%.
- Only 1 party (BOSS or STAFF) talk at any given time.
- The updating only takes 2 minutes!
- BOSS and STAFF works 24-hours per day.
Find the most effective way (scheduling or otherwise) to get sales update on time and maximise STAFF time doing sales.